Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Give us today our daily bread.
JESUS CHRIST THE TRUE BREAD OF LIFE FROM HEAVEN: John 6:32-38
Lord Jesus Christ here affirms that He is the TRUE MANNA sent from heaven by His Father, to the unbelieving religious crowd. They were thinking, God gave their forefathers manna from heaven to ate in the wilderness through Moses (often the old sinful nature causes men to fix their eyes on human folk whom they behold, not unto God of heaven and earth). All the religious leaders still esteem Moses better than Jesus. Often the servants of God (I am not generalizing, but many do that even today) put themselves in the place of Moses and reduce the glory that is due to CHRIST JESUS. Religious leaders of those days were looking unto Moses whom Father God appointed for a purpose. But their vision could not go beyond Moses (mortal man) to put the faith in the God who was providing them in the wilderness.
Jesus Christ emphatically affirms that it was neither Moses nor the Manna were true (could be shadow, because law was only a shadow of the good things to come Heb 10:1), but "I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE" descended from heaven above to give LIFE (not the life that is in the blood Lev 17:11 - but a higher order life "ZOE" which Adam and eve forfeited at fall) to the whole world.
Jesus Christ is the TRUE MANNA (Bread) who give the TRUE LIFE to the world to as many as those who truly believe in Him. Bible says, He himself is the true God and ETERNAL LIFE (personified) 1John 5:20. Jesus Christ is the only MEDIATOR between God and any man. None beside Him can assume that place or position 1Tim 2:5. Anyone who does so, his/her end result may be awful for misleading and misguiding the souls to eternal doom. For Jesus Christ thus answered, in John 14:6-7 one of His apostles to question the put to Him. Let Jesus Christ be to you all in all.
(THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUS)
1) Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3) And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4) The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6) For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous (SOT): but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
(MY DWELLING PLACE and THE TRUE LEADER)
1) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he LEADETH me beside the still waters.
3) He restoreth my soul: he LEADETH me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.
4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will DWELL in the house of the LORD for ever
(LASTING TESTIMONIES OF THE LORD)
01) The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
02) Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
03) There is no speech nor language; their voice cannot be heard.
04) Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
05) Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run his course.
06) His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
07) The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
08) The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
09) The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.
10) More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11) Moreover by them is thy servant warned: in keeping of them there is great reward.
12) Who can discern his errors? clear thou me from hidden faults.
13) Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be perfect, and I shall be clear from great transgression.
14) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my rock, and my redeemer.
(UNLESS THE LORD DOES)
1) Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
2) It is vain for you that ye rise up early, and so late take rest, and eat the bread of toil: for so he giveth unto his beloved sleep.
3) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4) As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth.
5) Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, when they speak with their enemies in the gate.
(FEAR OF THE LORD IS LASTING BLESSING)
1) Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD, that walketh in his ways.
2) For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
3) Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine, in the innermost parts of thine house: thy children like olive plants, round about thy table.
4) Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
5) The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
6) Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children. Peace be upon Israel.